To support individuals willing to acquire skills and abilities that can help to create and manage new tech-based venture or be used as member of an existing tech-based organisation which is calling upon employees to act in an entrepreneurial and creative way. .
• Enhancing the skills and abilities of potential technopreneurs, in particular those willing to be part of the SMEs’ sector, by addressing a wide range of technical, managerial, marketing and financial issues within an entrepreneurial context.
• Providing information, knowledge, skills, and attitudes that would enable people perform well as technology entrepreneurs. These competencies will in turn help them deploy their zeal for nation building in a very efficient manner.
• Developing youth who are capable of promoting or providing high quality technological innovation support and technology transfer services to firms, with the ultimate aim to develop the knowledge economy and boost the wealth creation process.
• Creating a vibrant hub for members to share professional experience and good practice, to facilitate business opportunities for them and to support them in their technology transfer and innovation assignments.
• Organizing conferences and training events, by pursuing specialist activities through dedicated sub-groups and by offering high added value web-based tools.
• Bringing together innovation and technology consultants, technology brokers and intellectual asset advisors, university and research centre transfer offices, regional development agencies and chambers of commerce, science parks, innovation centres and incubators, contract research organizations and engineering consultants, government ministries and agencies and sectoral professional organizations. .
Agriculture is entrepreneurially challenged and there is declining agri-food firm profitability. Education, experience, and partnering are required. YELEAP aims to:
• Foster Agropreneurship and Agribusiness Talent
• Provide Thought Leadership on the Agropreneurship and Agribusiness Management
• Connect Academia, Government, and Industry This NGO is focused on the need to provide the support and tools in order to ensure that, by 2030 and beyond, Nigerian economy gets diversified through Agriculture by promoting agricultural entrepreneurship and agribusiness through well-structured training, mentoring and support in agriculture, agricultural marketing, agribusiness management, agricultural technology, human development, agricultural financing and effective partnership and networking.
YELEAP is dedicated to the mission of enabling the global agropreneurship and agribusiness community to provide adequate and nutritious food to the world by creating connections between farmers, academics, students, agropreneurship, agribusiness, and other organizations to solve the critical problems that face the industry today and in the future. .
YELEAP is established to:
• Support new agro-venture creation
• Assist in development of both new agribusinesses and new products/services, processes and technology, capabilities and competencies, supply chain relationships, and markets
• Assist in finding alternatives to commodity production, e.g., value-added and/or non-food uses of agricultural produce
• Foster sustainable rural development
• Build capacities needed to create new ventures by agropreneurs
• Establish an entrepreneurial support community in assisting new agricultural venture creation
To create a cadre of social entrepren eurs who initiate sustainable social enterprises that help in empowering marginalized sections of society .
• Social Enterprise Development Programmes: For those who wish to set up for-profit social enterprises
• Training existing social entrepreneurs to facilitate growth & expansion
• Sensitisatlon workshops for students to Incline them to social entrepreneurship
• Distance Learning Programme in Social Entrepreneurship
• Partnering with corporates to execute their CSR projects
• To support individuals who recognise social problems and use entrepreneurial principles to organise, create and manage ventures to achieve social changes (social ventures).
• Encouraging processes whereby citizens build or transform institutions to advance solutions to social problems, such as poverty, illness, illiteracy, environmental destruction, human rights abuses and corruption, in order to make life better for many.
• Encouraging innovative, social value creating activities that can occur within or across the non-profit, business, or government sectors
• Encouraging process of recognising, developing and exploiting entrepreneurial opportunities that create economic, ecological, and social value.
For national prosperity to be achieved there is need for a process of initiating, shaping and accelerating a transformative development agenda, driven by a new wave of middle class growth and urbanization in developing countries, in a context of radical geo-economic change, climate change challenges and 21st century technologies. YELEAP aims to create cadre of public, political and policy entrepreneurs to put in place a fundamental organising vector for a transformative agenda, supplying vision, leadership and enabling investments and working with private sectors to generate innovative business models for scaling-up sustainable growth and employment opportunities around the world. .
• To support individuals who initiate, shape and accelerate transformative development agendas
• To support political actors in their efforts to orchestrate strategically timed, innovative and diligent political action that promotes the mobilization of support for a favourable policy idea.
• To train political leaders in order to enhance their transformational leadership skills.
The slow decline of industrial manufacturing in developed nations and recent failures of financial capitalism across the globe have sent us searching for a new model of economic growth. I see the two movements of Technology Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship beginning to converge into a promising solution. An increasing number of entrepreneurs are awakening to the possibility of combining the scalable tools and methodology of Technology Entrepreneurship with the world-centric value system of Social Entrepreneurship. Together they create a new type of entrepreneurship that could become our primary source of socioeconomic value creation. What do we call this movement? I propose we call it “Transformational Entrepreneurship.” .
Transformational Entrepreneurs earn their name by creating innovative solutions to the world’s biggest problems that are scalable, sustainable and systematic. To ground this idea, we created a matrix that positions Transformational Entrepreneurship, Technology Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship on the landscape of socioeconomic value creation. .
Transformational leadership can be seen when "leaders and followers make each other advance to a higher level of morality and motivation." Through the strength of their vision and personality, transformational leaders are able to inspire followers to change expectations, perceptions, and motivations to work towards common goals. .
• To promote creation of employment
• To stimulate provision of local goods and services to the community, thereby revitalizing it
• To raise the degree of competition in the market, ultimately creating better goods and services for the consumer
• To promote innovation and resilience through experience-based learning
• To promote a strong social and cultural identity
• To continuously create and grow diverse employment opportunities different than the traditional fields available in a particular city
• To act as catalysts of innovation, job creation, productivity, and competitiveness.