...Excellence, Integrity and Political Responsibility
Established in 2021, the Institute for Political Entrepreneurship and Leadership (ACAPEnt) is a non-partisan, non-profit, and independent source of inspiration, knowledge, research and advice on political entrepreneurship and leadership to re-invent the Africa we deserve by developing a new generation of political entrepreneurs and visionary leaders who, with the right education based on the foundations of good governance, would be able to develop a nation to its full potential.
(ACAPEnt) is one of its kind professional institute, dedicated to the profesionalisation of political entrepreneurship and leadership for better impact through research and study of local, state, national, regional and international politics, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of visionary leaders to lead and make a difference in the world.
The institute for Political Entrepreneurship and Leadership, with the vision to create visionary leaders for inclusive and sustainable prosperity, has as its motto: Excellence, Integrity and Political Responsibility – a goal that will be pursued in the formation, initiation, and training of a new generation of leaders.
We seek to provide those who will participate in the various programmes the opportunity to pursue their aspirations in politics, public administration, civic leadership, etc., and to have a real and positive impact in the consolidation of democracy, the rule of law, and social well-being.
The Institute for Political Entrepreneurship and Leadership offers a formal and non-formal training programme, for individuals with various backgrounds that also possess relevant leadership skills. The first to attain and manifest this type of culture are the politicians and those aspiring to enter political service. Our project will therefore include both those who want to improve or acquire new knowledge in the field of political entrepreneurship and leadership and those who wish to embark on a political career. The modules, courses, and programmes that will be offered are complementary to existing academic study programmes. Many will be unique in their format due to the quality, expertise, and experience of the trainers who are outstanding personalities that possess vast experience in entrepreneurship, international politics, academia and both public and private sectors.
To create visionary leaders for inclusive and sustainable prosperity.
To produce a new generation of political leaders, who with the right education based on the foundations of good governance, would be able to develop a nation to its full potential..
I hope that this project will remain a point of reference in terms of the perspective gained on the public sphere, politics, and leadership, for many generations to come.
Increasingly we are observing a greater participation of the people in issues of policy making, governance and change. The advent of social media and interactive mediums has given rise to increasing velocity of citizens’ interactions with policy makers on various issues. Again, the trend is being primarily driven by a more aware and politically active youthful population. Correspondingly, public administration is increasingly looking to place the citizen at the centre of policymakers’ considerations. Citizens are increasingly questioning the leaders they elect to the national, state and local levels on a wide range of issues which range from affordable housing to international relations.
The purpose of this institute is to nurture the potential future leaders in a systematic, rofessional, and step by step approach and to start public engagement for governance. Our goal is to develop political entrepreneurs and leaders capable of implementing these 5-point agenda so as to drive Africa to the promised land. They are:
Sound Monetary Policy Measures: To address inflation, currency depreciation, and other macroeconomic instability;
Enduring Fiscal Policy Measures: To address budgetary challenges, multiple taxes, inequality in income, and other fiscal imbalances;
Trade and Commercial Policy Measures: To promote industrialisation, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), entrepreneurship, and export of local goods and services abroad;
Responsive foreign policy and international relations: To reshape the battered image of Africa and reposition the continent;
Human capital development: Make citizens human assets through quality, accessible and affordable education at all levels.
1. To re-invent the Africa we deserve by developing a new generation of political entrepreneurs and transformational leaders who, with the right education based on the foundations of good governance, would be able to develop a nation to its full potential.
2. To be a non-partisan, non-profit, and independent source of inspiration, knowledge, research and advice on political entrepreneurship and leadership and its continuous improvement through education, training, advocacy, research and support services.
3. To prepare youth, emerging leaders and present political leaders to enter public life in an informed, educated, understanding, ethical ways and to start public engagement for leadership, by exploring, developing and promoting the ethical principles, world standards and practices that underlie transformational entrepreneurship and leadership for sustainable development.
4. To profesionalise policy and political entrepreneurship as a field of study for better impact through research and study of local, state, national, regional and international politics, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of political leaders to lead and make a difference in the world.
5. To serve as the vibrant learned society and create platform for the global exchange and integration of best practices for exceptionally innovative and entrepreneurial students, political leaders, faculty and professionals dedicated to real-world applications of research, teaching and practice in transformational political leadership.
6. To make meaningful contributions to government policies on national development.
7. To conduct examinations and award certificates of proficiency to qualified individuals as a mark of professionalism in political entrepreneurship and leadership.
8. To confer different categories of membership on suitably qualified individuals and formulate code of conduct and take disciplinary measures against erring members.
9. To disseminate information about political entrepreneurship and leadership in official Journal.
10. To maintain close relationship with other professional bodies working in the allied fields as well as joining hands with notable tertiary institutions ,home and abroad, for the promotion of political entrepreneurship and leadership.
11. To recognise political entrepreneurs and leaders in various capacities as entrepreneurship merit awardees.
12. To prepare and strengthen the next generation of public leaders before they formally choose to run for an office or seek an appointment to a government board or commission.
13. To create learning systems and processes for winning strategies for youth who wish to make a career in the field of politics, governance, public affairs and leadership by ensuring the integrity of electoral processes and institutions.
14. To assist in planning Socio-Economic, Developmental, Health, and Education sector Government initiatives and to seamlessly blend it with election agenda and to showcase Govt's/Party's achievements through publicity, media and people engagement activities