ICYE is an initiative of Institute of Classic Entrepreneurship – a fully registered company limited by guarantee without share capital, guided by a set of by-laws enshrined in articles and memorandum of association. The Institute of Classic Entrepreneurship (ICEnt) is the first ISO 21001:2018 certified and Board of Quality Standards accredited institute in Africa.
ICEnt is Africa's foremost institute of entrepreneurship with superlative expertise in the production of successful entrepreneurs by building capacity in entrepreneurship, innovation management and small business management of all kinds, through offering of a powerful formula that not only equips people with a well-rounded and internationally-relevant entrepreneurship education based on an internationally-competitive curriculum, but also provides them with extensive practical experience, effective mentoring and industry-relevant skills required for turning ideas into viable businesses. It is Africa’s foremost learned society of entrepreneurs with intimidating Governing Council and Management Team comprising past and present Vice Chancellors (including the current Chairman, Committee of Vice Chancellors of Nigeria Universities), Deputy Vice Chancellors, several professors and doctors of entrepreneurship, several past and present directors of entrepreneurship development centres, past and present deans, several past and present HODs, renowned management and entrepreneurship consultants and mentors, and highly qualified individuals from multi-disciplinary fields, and internationally acclaimed entrepreneurship mentors and consultants required for production of thorough-bred entrepreneurs.
ICYE is run successfully by a Board of Trustees and Management of seasoned and experienced entrepreneurial and business leaders appointed by Institute of Classic Entrepreneurship. The chamber enjoys a multi-sectorial membership, with an international outreach. Our networks regionally, continentally and globally will advance the cause of nurturing a better entrepreneurship culture among young people.
Innovative & smart thinking
Hard and smart diligent work
Our Philosophy here is Identify, Train and Seed.
To strengthen the entrepreneurship culture among the youth population in Africa.
To see across Africa, young people leading the charge in launching successful start-up businesses.
To be a premium private sector body for the young business community in Africa, providing members with an influential local, regional and global network for business growth.
Human-Centred | There is power of inclusive processes, user-generated solutions, and your ability to crack this problem Iterative | This is not a one-and-done proposition: we’ll help you work through version after version until it’s right. Challenging the status quo | Things can and must change; disruptive innovation cannot take place playing by silly rules Growth-minded, Strengths-based | Humans grow, learn and get better so we leverage what you’re already good at and support where there are gaps. Upskilling, Capacity-adding | Just as we would never short circuit our own members’ learning by rescuing them from a tough problem or difficult process, we commit to upskill your team and leave them fully capable of success.
The Chamber was founded on a core set of principles which inform its mission at all times. The Chamber:
• is non-discriminatory and nonpartisan.
• does not participate in any manner in political campaigns and does not take positions for or against issues, causes or proposals.
• does not endorse, support or oppose any candidate for office.
• does not mediate disputes between or among candidates or political parties.
• does not review, express an opinion, or take a position with respect to the propriety of campaign literature or campaign material; and the use of the her name in campaign literature or material does not imply that the candidate, the literature, or the material has been endorsed, approved, or disapproved by the society.
Meaningful and impactful youth business gatherings
Business advisory services
Trainings and Mentorships
Facilitate Public-private partnerships
Lobbying and Advocacy
Up to date business information
Managing the ICYE Foundation Education Fund
Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Education development
Scholarships & International exchange programs
Arbitration of business disputes among ICYE members
• Create unlimited business networking opportunities for members nationally and internationally
• Push up the business startup rates
• Increase the job creation levels
• ICYE puts focus on advocating for appropriate economic policies and interventions that encourage a favorable business climate
• ICYE works with its members to enhance their capacity to grow and run efficiently.
• ICYE promotes strategic cooperation between youth organizations and public authorities
• To promote cooperation between youth and education organizations, as well as business and the labour market
• To build the capacity for running successful start us and existing businesses
• To launch, test, and implement youth work-practices, such as professional development and informal learning