We evaluate programmes that use a variety of delivery methods: on-site instruction, online instruction, and those having components of both methods. The programmes are evaluated against the same criteria regardless of delivery method.
Many academic programmes in higher education have at least some content offered online, including individual courses, homework assignments, and class research projects. What constitutes an “online” programme is not always well-defined. In addition, the percentage of online content for any academic programme changes frequently.
ACEEE has a rich history of global engagement in support of our mission: promoting and improving the quality of entrepreneurship and enterprise education worldwide.
We actively work to support improvement of entrepreneurship and enterprise education worldwide by:
• Assisting in the establishment and continuous improvement of national accrediting systems via Memoranda of Understanding (MOU)
• Supporting the mutual recognition of accrediting systems worldwide via Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRA)
• Providing general assistance and training through workshops, seminars and conferences
• Recognising the substantial equivalency of academic programmes
• Directing the accreditation of academic programmes by ACEEE outside of Nigeria
Our international activities support our mission to assure confidence in the career preparation of professionals in entrepreneurship and enterprise education programmes worldwide
ACEEE accreditation would not be possible without our ACEEE Experts—professionals from industry, academia and government dedicated to contributing to their professions through the ongoing improvement of the quality of technical education.
We rely on our experts to evaluate programme materials, visit campuses and participate in accreditation decisions. Most begin their service as Programme Evaluators, or PEVs, who do the hands-on work of accrediting programmes at numerous institutions. Those with the strongest leadership abilities are promoted into the ranks of the Commissions, each serving as a Team Chair – responsible for leading teams of evaluators.
Several dedicated entrepreneurship and enterprise professionals from academia, industry and government form the heart of our peer-based accreditation services. These well-respected experts are the face of ACEEE, representing us at campuses around the world.
To meet the worldwide demand for ACEEE Accreditation, we are expanding the number of Programme Evaluators.
Thousands of technical professionals give their time and expertise because they care deeply about the quality of entrepreneurship and enterprise education and believe the accreditation process enhances both individual programmes and the professions.
There are many reasons to become a PEV. Read our Spotlight testimonials to learn more about the people who make ACEEE one of the leading accreditors in the world.
The experience of serving on a review team can be both personally and professionally rewarding because it offers opportunities to:
• Help assure ACEEE accreditation criteria reflect contemporary practice and the expectations of the entrepreneurship and enterprise professions and their key constituents;
• Gain insight into “best practices” and trends in entrepreneurship and enterprise education and the particular characteristics of individual schools and programmes; and
• Benefit from interaction and networking with committed peers beyond the usual boundaries of geography, sector and discipline.